If you have an ink stain on your clothing, don’t worry! We have some advice on how to remove ink stains from clothing.
In This Article >>
How to Remove Ink Stains From Clothes With Toothpaste
If you’re in a pinch and need to remove an ink stain from your clothing, don’t despair! There is a common household item that can help lift the stain: toothpaste.
Here’s how to do it:
- Blot the stain with a clean, dry cloth to remove as much ink as possible.
- Apply a small amount of toothpaste to the stained area and rub it in gently with your fingers.
- Rinse the area with warm water and continue to blot it dry.
- Repeat steps 2-3 until the stain is gone.
- Launder the item as usual.
How to Remove Ink Stains From Clothes With Vinegar
Whether you’ve got an ink stain from a pen that leaked in your pocket, or your little one got busy with a permanent marker, removing ink stains from clothes can be tricky. But before you reach for the bleach, try using vinegar to remove the stain.
- To start, dampen the stained area with warm water.
- Then, pour white vinegar directly onto the stain and let it sit for a few minutes.
- Next, use a toothbrush or other soft brush to work the vinegar into the fabric, lifting the stain as you go.
- Rinse well with warm water to remove any residual vinegar.
If the stain is still there after trying this method, you can mix equal parts white vinegar and water in a spray bottle and spritz it onto the stain. Let it sit for 10 minutes before putting the clothing item in the washing machine on its regular cycle.
How to Remove Pen Ink Stains From Clothes
If you’ve ever had a pen leak in your pocket, or gotten ink on your clothing from writing, you know how difficult it can be to remove the stains. But with a little bit of know-how, you can get those pesky stains out of your clothes and back to their original condition.
Here’s how to remove pen ink stains from clothes:
- First, try blotting the stain with a clean, dry cloth. If this doesn’t work, move on to step 2.
- Next, mix up a solution of one part rubbing alcohol and two parts water. Apply this mixture to the stain using a clean cloth, and blot until the stain is gone.
- If the alcohol solution doesn’t work, you can try using hairspray.
Using Hairspray to Remove Ink from Clothes
Hairspray can be used as an alternative to remove ink from surfaces.
To do this, simply spray the hairspray onto the ink and wait a few minutes before wiping it away with a cloth. Hairspray is effective in removing ink because it contains alcohol, which breaks down the ink molecules.